PRESENTATION

Santa Clara County Cities Association

Los Gatos Community Foundation

CLOSED SESSION REPORT

COUNCIL/TOWN MANAGER REPORTS

> Council Matters

> Manager Matters

> Did You Know...?

CONSENT ITEMS (TO BE ACTED UPON BY A SINGLE MOTION)

1. Approve Council minutes of November 19, 2012

2. Update to the Town’s purchasing manual to include policies and guidelines for the purchase of environmentally preferred products and services

3. Annexation Application AN-12-003. Project Location: Shannon Road, between Englewood Avenue and Bonnie Lane. Applicant: Town of Los Gatos Adopt resolution setting date for consideration of reorganization of an uninhabited area designated as Shannon Road No. 24. approximately 1.42 acres of right-of-way

VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS (Up to three minutes may be allotted to each speaker to address matters that are not on tonight’s agenda.)

PUBLIC HEARINGS

4. 41 N. Santa Cruz Avenue - Architecture and Site Application S-12-023. Conditional Use Permit Application U-12-016. Requesting approval of exterior modifications to an existing commercial building (Los Gatos Theater), and to modify an existing conditional use permit which includes allowing special events with the service of alcohol on property zoned C-2. APN 510-44-031. Property Owner: Three Sisters LLC. Applicant: Gary Kohlsaat, Architect

OTHER BUSINESS

ADJOURNMENT
    Comments 1 Comment
      mariaristow -
      Hooray! Los Gatos will have a theater downtown again next summer, thanks to some very generous local investors. I am sure that the owners of the Los Gatos Theater are community-minded and have the best interests of the community at heart. I appreciate that they have the desire and resources to renovate the building and retain a movie house in town. I have every hope that this will be a successful venture, providing family entertainment in the heart of downtown. What was my main concern brought up at the Town Council meeting where the Theater was approved last Monday night? Given that the Conditional Use Permit (CUP) runs with the land, if the business is not successful, or when the building is sold, whatever conditions are allowed now remain. The changes both the Planning Commission and the Town Council made to the original request were significant, and I commend them for it, keeping the use primarily as a movie house, requiring food service with alcohol for the special events, and eliminating late night hours and smoking on the outdoor balcony. Those of us living downtown know how difficult it can be to deal with CUP violations, but at least we know what a business is and isn't allowed to do. Over time, management and ownership can change. CUPs are enforceable. Good intentions are not. See you at the movies next summer!
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

The Los Gatos High mascot is the...