• Not to Worry, Kir was Not "Threatened" or "Intimidated"

I’ve received emails asking where I’ve been and why I don’t care anymore. I need to be honest with our readers. I give up. Oh, wait… no, that’s not it. I was offered a full-time position at a local corporation and I sold out accepted it. Yup, that sums it up. Because I’m striving for a balance with my home life vs. work life, I’ve taken a few steps back from InsideLG; however, you may have noticed that I have a new assistant – Pepper Potts. Potts, who wishes not to be named because shame comes on all those associated with me, will be posting from time to time. So, please give a huge applause to Potts – the keeper of my secrets.

Moving on… I plan to be at the Town Council meeting tonight. I was disappointed in a decision 4 out of 5 made at the last TC meeting (good old exemption of story poles from Winchester/Albright); however, I just couldn’t muster up enough energy to write about it. Tonight though… tonight will be interesting. The appointment of a new Mayor and Vice Mayor will take place. Barbara Spector will probably be voted in as Mayor and, if things go as they should, Steve Leonardis will be named Vice-Mayor. I’m keeping my eyes on this because, well, we all remember the debacle when the Weekly Times insinuated that Mayor Steve Rice was going to choose Diane McNutt as Vice-Mayor. It caused everyone to get in a tizzy because Spector was next in the unofficial rotation. Lately, I’ve heard rumblings around LG that if Barbara Spector chooses Steve Leonardis as Vice-Mayor, the other Town Council Members might vote down the motion. So, not to sensationalize anything, but I’m really interested in what will happen tonight. Good ‘ol politics.

Moving on, I’m so behind on reading local news. I apologize. I do have to admit that I almost spit out my coffee when I read the awesome story on the Patch about Woz’s house up for sale. I mean, this house has been on the market for months and Woz sold it years ago. My buddy, Madhaus, over at Burbed wrote a hilarious article about it back in April. Really, don’t always believe what you read. However, thanks for the laugh.

And, while I’m on a little local news tirade, did you read the editorial in the November 13th Weekly? Oh Dick Sparrer, sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I think, “What the hell is he talking about?” While I agree with him about urging the TC to select Spector as Town Mayor, I wholeheartedly disagree with this comment about Leonardis, “We are not as confident in his leadership abilities…” Leonardis walks to the beat of his own drum – there’s no question about that. However, to question his leadership abilities is laughable. While I do not agree with everything he votes for (ahem… Lincoln/McHugh 40,000sq feet of medical I’m talking about you), he stands up for what he believes is correct. Take the last TC meeting for example: he was the only one who voted against the exemption of story poles. He and Spector were the only two who voted against the Winchester/Albright debacle that ended up with the town losing a lawsuit. Leonardis is not persuaded by shiny objects and glimmers of hope. He votes the way he sees fit and doesn’t care what others think of him. He doesn’t always vote with the majority; however, he has good reasons to vote the way he does. Agree with him or not, I like the fact that he thinks on his own. If all of that doesn’t show leadership ability, then I don’t know what does. It’s not a popularity contest. At least, that’s my opinion. And, just for the record, I feel the same way about Spector.

OK, back to the grind. I promise to write new snarky articles once I get some balance back in my life. Thank you to all of our readers who have reached out to me. I didn’t die, the LG mafia hasn’t attacked me yet, there’s no horse head in my bed, and I’m ok. I want to make sure every news organization out there knows that I wasn’t intimidated either – I can just imagine the articles now: “Kir Threatened by Locals - InsideLG is Over!” No, no, no… I’m just busy. I’ll be back soon. For those of you who were hoping that I was hiding out in a hole - well, sorry.

What do you hope happens tonight? Or, do you even care?
    Comments 18 Comments
      mariaristow -
      I will be there tonight and fully expect to see Barabra Spector become our new mayor and Steve Leonardis appointed as vice mayor. Good times ahead for Los Gatos!
      kir -
      I'm going to watch from home... it's been a long day and I, unfortunately, have to miss it. I hope it goes well!
      Unregistered -
      I am glad to hear you're not backing down.

Did you see the REEE-diculous editorial in the Weekly by our exiting LGUSD board member? He thinks anonymous comments are the downfall of society. Well guess what? I think the environment, that he helped create, where parents don't feel safe expressing unpopular (ie true) viewpoints is the downfall of our society. Get over dude, Kir is here to stay, and we're thrilled. Go shovel that you know what in Boston and see what they think.
      Unregistered -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Did you see the REEE-diculous editorial in the Weekly by our exiting LGUSD board member? He thinks anonymous comments are the downfall of society. Well guess what? I think the environment, that he helped create, where parents don't feel safe expressing unpopular (ie true) viewpoints is the downfall of our society. Get over dude, Kir is here to stay, and we're thrilled. Go shovel that you know what in Boston and see what they think.
      I dont think he had a problem with kir, he had a problem with lgusd staff (Fisher principal, one of her secretaries , home and school pres and pals) anonymously using this sight to trash everyone under the sun especially the Lexington community and their new school project. Go ahead stir the pot, lots we could talk about when it comes to this subject, Im sure the public would love to know.
      Unregistered -
      I don't think too many people read the LGWT anymore. The content is very slim. It is mostly ads. And, the news is a week late. I see it piling up in people's driveways all over town, unread.
      Joe Madden -
      On this one issue, I agree with Chris Miller. Why is everybody so afraid to show their name?

In the above thread, we have unregistered commenters, speculating about the identity of other unregistered commenters and blaming people without any evidence. What a waste of time.

Put up your ideas and have the guts to sign your name. That is how real progress is made.
      Peggy Dallas -
      Quote Originally Posted by Joe Madden View Post
      On this one issue, I agree with Chris Miller. Why is everybody so afraid to show their name?

In the above thread, we have unregistered commenters, speculating about the identity of other unregistered commenters and blaming people without any evidence. What a waste of time.

Put up your ideas and have the guts to sign your name. That is how real progress is made.
      Amen!....Thank you Joe Madden....you're awesome and so is everyone else who comments using their real name.
      Unregistered -

just like we sign our voting ballots

all over the web, from reddit to hacker news to patch to twitter to whatever, people keep barking up this "identity" tree and its always pointless

my name is Daniel Smith

my name is Dolores Jones

which is correct?

unless you VERIFY my id, i can tell you whatever i want, and tell you something new each time. its worthless.

how do you VERIFY an id? you get everyone together in a room and everyone looks at each other's drivers licenses. then everyone picks a username, and tells everyone else what it is so you know who is who. now you have verified IDs. in the computer security community they call these "signing parties"...as it was figured out long ago that a mere claim of identity is worthless

without a verifiable ID, all of these discussions are relentlessly pointless
      Unregistered -
      I don't think too many people read the LGWT anymore. The content is very slim. It is mostly ads. And, the news is a week late. I see it piling up in people's driveways all over town, unread.
      ARRGH i hate how they deliver it without my consent. and always when we are out of town

nothing says "hey burglars, come on in!!" like newspapers in the drive
      Peggy Dallas -
      Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Dallas View Post
      Amen!....Thank you Joe Madden....you're awesome and so is everyone else who comments using their real name.
      Here is the reason I agree with Joe...

In 1998 the Town of Los Gatos decided to write a new General Plan for the year 2000. A diverse group of about 26 residents was chosen to represent the various communities in Los Gatos. I was fortunate to be part of this General Plan Task Force.

Our task was to record and prioritize our communities' visions for the future of Los Gatos. After two years, I learned that it is not the physical aspects of the town but the citizens who communicate and are willing to be known to each other that give Los Gatos its small-town character. It is the communication within the community that makes the community.

Being known to each other allows us to work together, learn from each other, and value what each community member adds. This is how we can intelligently govern of our town and our schools. I am certainly not going to vote for “Unregistered”. And this is why “unregistered” comments have little to no value.....as far as anyone knows "unregistered" commenters could be from anywhere, or more specifically.....seem to want to be from nowhere.
      Unregistered -
      The reason I remain anonymous is due to things that Kir is saying in her article. Threats, intimidation, even outright attacks. Yes, I get busy in school politics, but the second anything comes out of my mouth, there is an immediate counterveiling attack. Anyone is entitled to their opinion, and I freely give mine, but based on past history, I will continue to remain anonymous until or unless I see a change from certain portions of our community who cannot allow people to hold different points of view without personal attacks.
      mariaristow -
      Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Dallas View Post
      Here is the reason I agree with Joe...

Being known to each other allows us to work together, learn from each other, and value what each community member adds. This is how we can intelligently govern of our town and our schools. I am certainly not going to vote for “Unregistered”. And this is why “unregistered” comments have little to no value.....as far as anyone knows "unregistered" commenters could be from anywhere, or more specifically.....seem to want to be from nowhere.
      I'm with Peggy and Joe. I don't see how real change or information interchange can occur between anonymous parties. I think it's important to share our perspectives in an honest, respectful manner. My experience is that when people remain anonymous they can fall into traps-- taking cheap shots at others, making a great point but having no credibility, feeling like they can't make a difference. I learn best when I hear an opposing view from someone I know is thoughtful and cares about our community as much as I do. Anonymous pot-shots don't qualify.
      Unregistered -
      Quote Originally Posted by mariaristow View Post
      I'm with Peggy and Joe. I don't see how real change or information interchange can occur between anonymous parties
      you aren't anonymous. in the server logs of this site, your IP address is stored. if you were to actually do something illegal like threaten or extort someone here, this address could be used to possibly track you down. i say "possibly" because there are also ways around this, but most users don't know about them
      Unregistered -
      I post anonymously partially because I don't like to be "in the spotlight". I try to keep my points respectful and constructive at all times. However I remain anonymous primarily because I am a business owner and I would prefer to keep my livelihood unaffected by the whims of some of the more "aggressive" posters. It does sadden me to post anonymously and I sometimes wonder if the responses to my posts would be less combative if I "claimed" them but I'm not prepared to stake my livelihood on it. I hear you, Peggy and Joe, but unfortunately I have a living to earn and it's just not worth it.
      Unregistered -
      Quote Originally Posted by mariaristow View Post
      I'm with Peggy and Joe. I don't see how real change or information interchange can occur between anonymous parties. I think it's important to share our perspectives in an honest, respectful manner. My experience is that when people remain anonymous they can fall into traps-- taking cheap shots at others, making a great point but having no credibility, feeling like they can't make a difference. I learn best when I hear an opposing view from someone I know is thoughtful and cares about our community as much as I do. Anonymous pot-shots don't qualify.
      It's called freedom of speech - without reprisal. If I'm not mistaken, it's in our Constitution. Please tell me you’re not denying that right.

Anonymous inputs are probably the only opinions one can get that cuts directly to the point; no sugar coating, no brown nosing and no dancing. Some of the best changes come from the "Suggestion Box". These people aren't restricted by reprisal or credibility investigations. Who cares where an idea or an opinion comes from? If it has merit and truth isn't that the most important thing? I would think that if a good point or idea comes in anonymously, a true politician can call it his idea and get the credit. But all good things have a price, now don't they? So man-up and take the bad with the good and move on.
      Unregistered -

This is a typical ploy of politicians; switch topics back on the source and avoid the original point. Kudos to Chris for effectively avoiding the topic. It's GREAT to see him off to Boston. I hope he has a wonderful trip and everything works out well for a very long time. Now hopefully he will be replaced with fresh blood that will be accountable for their actions and not attack the source. Its politicians like Chris Miller that I’m so glad the position he had was unpaid. I really dislike throwing good money down a rat hole.
      Unregistered -

No speculation, straight from the horses mouth or I wouldn't have posted it.
      Unregistered -
      No speculation, straight from the horses mouth or I wouldn't have posted it.
      Huh? don't care who you are, but I'm confused....what are you talking about speculation? horses mouth? Joe Madden? Chris Miller? And anything you can include to help others validate or elaborate will be greatly appreciated. But huh??
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

The Los Gatos High mascot is the...